Thursday, May 18, 2006

Training, training and more training

Well things have been relatively quiet here for the last few weeks. I've mainly been drilling the stuff I've learnt over the last couple of months trying to etch everything into my synapses, make the most of my time before I start the long trek home via India and give Nigel and family a bit of a break from having the lanky foreigner jumping around the living room.

Pak Zianal also told me yesterday that I've completed the syllabus for the White Tiger Thai Boxing. This doesn't mean I've suddenly transformed into some martial arts master, rather I've now learnt all the basic drills, conditioning and forms, all I've got to do now is go and practice them for the rest of my life :-). It was quite interesting yesterday, I joined in training with some of his Malay students (something I haven't done for a while) and the difference between when I trained with them when I first got here to now was startling. All my techniques were much more solid and had a lot more power and my shins weren't killing me after 15mins of kicking, just shows you what a few months of beatings will do for a mans character.

On top of all the Silat and Thai boxing my form has improved no end with a lot of niggling problems if not ironed out at least in the process of being fixed and Nigels taught me a kick ass staff form that I've been dutifully practicing until my arms fall off, it's very nice and has lots of fa-jing training that's feeding back into my fast form which seems to be developing some oomph now.

I've got about a week left now, my little sister is in Malaysia (passing through on a leg of her own round the world jaunt) and she should hit Penang next week, so we should have time to meet up for a few days before I leave for India. I've got a place booked up in Mumbai for a couple of days and then the plan is to head down South and work my way back up (a slight change of plan than previous but more realistic I think).

I'll try and do another post before I leave, I've helping Nigel and Fong teach some kids martial arts at a local school on the weekend before I leave so that should be amusing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goody - the kick ass staff form has to be the #1 thing you teach us when you get back!

No, make that the fast form!!

Actually, the White Tiger drills sound good, teach that first!!!

No forget all that, pass on your newly found form wisdom ASAP!!!!

Let's face it, you're going to be v.v.v.busy on Tuesday nights when you get back :o)

Enjoy India, train hard and travel safe.

8:36 am, May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam whatever you do don't wear yer skirt to tuesday night training when you get back. cos I don't think pauls intentions for your Ass have much to do with kicking. Its much more likely he wants to drill it with his white tiger. Anyway happy travels you little minx and I'll see you when you get back.
Foxy

11:14 am, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home