Friday, March 25, 2005

aches and pains

Went down to Sussex on Sunday to train Tai-Chi with some friends, spent several sweaty hours in my mates garage being pounded to a pulp. Most enjoyable, if you like that sort of thing.

picked up some good training tips to work on though. One particularly good one was working striking with one hand while sticking a training pad/glove under the armpit of the other, that way if you move or drop your guarding hand you drop the pad. Good for me as my guard needs work. Another was stepping through at an angle on a kick so that your kick is going through your target as opposed to simply connecting with it. Man that works, when Glenn showed me he almost took my leg off even through a pad.

It was nice to see Glenn and some of the others, everything always seems more chilled once you get down by the sea. It's interesting as well because he makes his living solely from teaching, something I'd like to be doing in a few years time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home